This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to TWC in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which any of the Companies may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Types of Personal Data Collected
- The Personal Data collected about you and your family members may include: Any information you submit to us, including names, identification particulars, email address, identity documents, contact details, date of birth, preferences, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with TWC, for example, online course or lesson enrolment and usage particulars and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, apps, internet and market research;
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website or system usage, or other information technology applications used by TWC.
Examples of times when we collect data are when you sign up with us for our services whether through our website or at any of our premises.
If You Provide Third Party Personal Data
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information on your spouse or children), by submitting such information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes and that they agree to the information being provided to us subject to this Personal Data Protection Policy.
Uses of Personal Data
Personal Data that is collected about you and your family members may be collected, used, disclosed or processed for the following purposes:
- Determining or evaluating the applicability or eligibility of providing products or services to you or your child, processing applications for products or services;
- Facilitating the provisioning of products or services, including operations, administration, accounts, financial transactions, maintaining service quality and staff training;
- Managing and facilitating the business and operational processes of TWC, including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- Attending to, processing and responding to your requests, feedback or enquiries;
- Providing customised online or other services and support, including customer alerts;
- Conducting surveys of parents and students either by TWC or a third party on behalf of TWC;
- Facilitating service and product development via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
- Payment processing;
- Provided to suppliers or third party service providers to assist TWC in their business operations, marketing or the provision of products or services to you.
- Marketing our services and products and communicating with you or your family members;
- Supplying operational, administrative, computer data storage, processing or other computer services by TWC or a third party service provider either in Singapore or overseas;
- Making use of photographs, videos or sound recordings of students in TWC publications, website or other external media;
- Performing TWC management, operating management information systems, performing data and statistical analysis, carrying out and enable internal and external audits;
- Monitoring and recording calls and other communications for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- Enforcing or defending the rights of TWC;
- Complying with safety, legal and regulatory requirements;
- All other matters relating to the products or services offered by TWC, business of TWC or operations of TWC that TWC deems necessary or reasonable.
In particular, we may transfer personal data to servers overseas where our service providers who provide services, process our data or store our data for us or their computers are located overseas.
We may disclose your Personal Data if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms Of Service ( https://at-home.thewriteconnection.com.sg/pages/terms-of-service )
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Leaving Our Site
Retention of Information
We retain personal information in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into the TWC@Home website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
Age of Consent
For any enquiries, comments or feedback, or if you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Data, please contact us at:
Personal Data Protection Officer
The Write Connection